You can't go wrong with any of these hair styles for this fall!
Do Summer like a queen with these three products:
1. Sun Care Protective Hair Veil
As the name states, this spray on mists protects your locks from harmful rays. Sun rays and sea water can dry out hair and alter hair color making it hard to repair the damage.
2. Natural Bug Repellent
Smells good and it's chemical free! (Find it exclusively at Applewoods) Finally enjoy summer bbq's and poolside drinks without having the worry about mosquitos bites.
3. Daily Light Gaurd Face Protection
Formulated for the face, this non-greasy sun protector is good for all skin types. Drys on seemlessly without any white residue. Safe to use daily with or without makeup and free of harmful chemicals.
April is Earth Month and we wanted to take this time to show our pride in everything we do to care for our planet..
Products sold at Applewoods are Cruelty Free.
- Never tested on animals. - No animal derived ingredients used.
All Aveda products are produced in a wind powered facility.
- Cut down on Carbon Emissions which contribute to global warming.
-First beauty company in the world to run on wind power.
All trash is recycled at Applewoods
-All cardboard, plastic, and paper is recycled by Weston Town Center.
Aveda gift boxes are fair trade and provide a livable wage to its artisans.
-Every box and paper is ethically made in Nepal.
We provide non-toxic options for hair relaxers and nail polishes,
-formaldehyde free options -no chemical smells
All hair color is 97% naturally derived
-plant derived hair dye means less chemicals for your body. -lessens contamination of our water supply.
All proceeds of our Earth Month Candle donated to Everglades Foundation.
Our favorite Tutorial for Thicker Looking Hair.
Using all AVEDA plant based products.
You may not want to commit to a short hair style, but it doesn't mean you can't rock it for a night!
Aveda Trained Stylist Shows You How.
Head to Toe Looks to Make You Glow With Love
Pinks are our pick for this year. It's feminine, flirty and soft. Our guide: If you're going for a sharp eye look, pick a soft lip color, and if you're going for a simple eye, pick a bold lip stick.
Don't be afraid to go for something other than the plain red. Try a new look and your partner will appreciate the extra details you put into a special night.
Sharing with you a look that's been all over fashion shows and best of all...
it's so simple!
Where we'd wear this look to:
- Dinner (when paired with some lovely earrings).
How To implement essential oils to your daily routine.
- Boiling water in a bowl and dripping in a few drops of eucalyptus oil helps open up the nasal path. This alleviates congestions, headaches and helps you breath better throughout the day.
- Place a sheet or towel over your head and breath up the vapor created from the water.
- Take your favorite scent with you to work. Whenever you feel tired or stressed, open the bottle and take a deep breath.
- You can also dap the oil on your wrists, behind the ears and on the temples of your forhead.
It used to be that massages were regarded as services of luxury. A type of pampering that was just used in special occasions. Now, we live in a world more informed about the importance of mental and physical wellness. Especially in taking care of ourselves and taking preventative measures. Massages do just that.
Help aid :
- Digestive disorders.
- Insomnia related to stress.
- Myofascial pain syndrome.
- Soft tissue strains or injuries.
- Sports injuries.
At Applewoods we hold a very high standard for our services. We vow to each client, that they will not only look good but feel good as well. We emphasize in relaxation techniques and high touch. Implementing Ayurveda, aromatherapy and breath to help come back into balance.
We're here to help you decipher the coolest nail designs and tones of the season.
Don't be afraid to go a little out of your comfort zone. This design keeps it fun yet classy. Try it out on your vacation destination and we're sure the compliments will come pouring in!
All variations of this color are valid this season. We've seen this bold color all over fashion week and on celebrities. We love it that it honors Spring's natural tones and makes you feel lively.
If you loved the metallic trend from last year, this a new take on it. Ask your nail technician to add a color that compliments the metallic tone near the tip of the nail.
We've saved our favorite for last. We're so glad to know the nude nail trend is still going and now we've seen it combined with whites! Everything about this nail look feels right.
Lets start your skin on all new habits. A new year marks the perfect timing to implement new tips and tricks to make your skin look it's best.
Our skin care experts at Applewoods, narrow it down to their top 3:
Dark Spots on the skin are one of the biggest challenges to correct. There are treatments to fix these however, it's always best to go the preventive route. Pick a sunscreen that is made for the face. Apply this every day and anytime after showering. Even those sunscreen that read waterproof, need to be re-applied. Another trick is to keep a sunscreen in your car. This way, you'll always be prepared. Our left side of the face normally receives more sun due to the side of the car we sit. Try focusing on that area the most.
2. Pillow Case:
Your pillow case may be causing breakouts more than any other part of your daily routine. We seldom think about the amount of time we spend with our face on the pillow. Our skin estheticians recommend changing the pillow case at least once a week. Take into consideration the material the case is made with. Cotton or silk are the most recommended.
3. Make Up Brush
This is probably something we all know but, sometimes forget to do. If you don't want to spend extra money on special soap, you can use baby shampoo or dish soap. These will protect the hair on the brush and draw out excess oil and dirt. Place them in an area where the sun hits it and once dry, put them inside a plastic zip lock bag.
Neither beachy nor bouncy, flat iron waves are the new curling iron waves. As seen here on Kendall Jenner, waves created with a straightener are more subtle and a little less glam. Just create a bend in your hair by pushing it upward, then seal the shape with a few clamps of your iron. Release and repeat. Keep your ends straight for the most polished finish.
Ultra Long Hair Extensions
This sleek look borrowed from Cher has been seen on models, actresses and bloggers alike. It's a hair trend that will definitely be here for years to come. Permanent extensions are an option but, if you're not ready for that commitment, you can find some real hair clip on extensions. Either way, it's a sexy look day or night.
Practical and out of the face look that makes your features come out. Pair this with some fierce make up and statement earrings and you've got a winning look.
No Straightening Iron needed!
We'll show you the products and steps ; )
Our new line of Tulasara products are the best companion for a night where you simply want to stay in and relax.
Our recommended steps for this night to yourself.
1. Turn off your phone and any other electronic distractions.
2. Light a few candles for your self in the area where you will be spending this time. (we suggest the bathroom as it is a secluded area where you're like not to be bothered. )
3. If you have access to a bathtub, leave some warm watering running. While it gets filled, grab yourself a cold cup of water and sprinkle some lemon water onto to it. You may also add sugar to the water for some sweetness. This lemon water will be a great way to balance the heat in the bath tub.
4. Select 4 of your favorite essences or oils. Take the time smell each and decide on two (2) to bring in the bath with you. One, lightly pour 6-7 drops in the bath. The other you will dap on your wrists, behind your ears and in the temples of your forehead.
5. Last step before getting into the bath tub, select songs that will relax you. Preferable ones without lyrics. Something soothing to allow your mind to distract itself with the melody so you may shut off entirely.
6. Stay in as long as the water beneath you feels warm and simply enjoy this moment of peace. You may read if relaxing entirely seems difficult, but otherwise, just lay.
It's so much fun to go away for the weekend. We like to unwind and have time away from it all. The last thing we want to worry about is our hair! Bringing along your Smooth Infusion Styling Cream makes the frizzy hair taming A WHOLE LOT easier.
How to use:
- Towel-dry and apply styling creme.
- Blow-dry or air-dry (no heat is required).
- nourishes hair and helps fight frizz in intense humidity
- air-dry or blow-dry to keep loose waves, straight or curly styles smooth all day
- powered by botanicals, including certified organic cupuaçu and shea butter
Our Favorite looks from this year's congress!
For those moments when your head feels like it's about to explode. Stress, to do's, your boss, traffic, etc. have you at wits end, there's a little savior that can make it better.
Just dab some dots on your wrists, back of ears, and on the temples of your head. Helps dissolve tension and raise energy levels with the balancing aromas of refreshing peppermint and soothing blue chamomile. When gently touched to skin, the special rollerball applicator releases the perfect amount of concentrate for on-the-spot, cooling acupressure therapy.